Reduce Your Website Visitors Anxiety to Improve Conversion Rates
Thrive Leads Shortcode could not be rendered, please check it in Thrive Leads Section!
Reducing a visitors anxiety is one of the most important things you can tackle as part of a website optimisation process.
Now of course you need to make your site easy to use, but you can only take that so far before usability improvements are barely moving the needle.
Optimisations that impact visitor anxiety can be 34x more powerful than a usability change, and can frequently be just as easy, if not easier to actually implement.
Anxiety (and motivation, which i’ll come to separately) is a key factor in determining whether someone will buy from you.
If they don’t trust your website, they won’t fill in their payment details.
So consider these questions:
- Does your site look professional? Does it have a modern design or does it look like it was built 10 years ago?
- Does your site seem trustworthy? Has it got relevant trust logos in place?
- Does the website look secure? Has it got an SSL certificate and has the checkout been made secure?
- Does the website explain how long shipping will take, and who the courier is?
- Does the website outline a clear returns & refunds policy? (this doesn’t have to be an outrageous policy, it just needs to be clear and obvious).
Have your business, and the products you sell got multiple, quality reviews?
All these factors get checked off the mental purchase checklist each visitor has, and the more you tick off, the more likely you are to convert them into a customer.